Pivot People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesXatRegisterLog in

Surprisingly fun games

Go down 
+3
sage
catfighterforce9
Rabees
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rabees
Admin
Rabees

Surprisingly fun games Empty
PostSubject: Surprisingly fun games   Surprisingly fun games EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:33 pm

One time I went to Blockbuster to rent a game to keep me busy for the weekend, but I didn't see anything that immediately caught my eye. I started checking out the meh games i'd never heard of, determined not to go home empty handed, when I finally decided to get the game "Earth Defense Force: 2014" (or maybe it was some other year idk) for the sole reason that it had giant robots on the back of the case. I got home, popped it in, and my head nearly exploded by all the Japanese bullshit weird stuff I saw in the first few minutes of gameplay. Once I got past all the plot setup I finally came across some enemies. That's when I realized: A game doesn't need fancy graphics or a riveting story to be fun. All it needs is over-sized alien spiders that fly 300 feet in the air when shot with an assault rifle. It turns out that the game was so bad it was good.
So after going into this game with all intentions of never touching it again, I found it to actually become one of my favorite games of all time.
Have you ever played a game like this, where on the surface it is total lizard crap, but on the inside you find a crown jewel?
[/wall of text]
Back to top Go down
catfighterforce9

catfighterforce9

PostSubject: Re: Surprisingly fun games   Surprisingly fun games EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:44 am

No game off the top of my head stands out like that, but I do have a few games that are quite the opposite: they have great potential on the outside, but suck arse once you play it. Yes, I'm talking about Mario Party for the DS. This game was awful. It had nothing more that any other Mario Party game had, but hey look, its on a smaller screen! Also, it was hard as balls, and was very frustrating. Grah. Donkey Kong Jungle Climber was the same way btw.
[/topic change inb4ban]
Back to top Go down
sage

sage

PostSubject: Re: Surprisingly fun games   Surprisingly fun games EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 3:51 am

i hate mario party games. they're all so similar and all extremely boring. the only thing i like in them are the 3 vs 1 minigames.

like half of the indie games on xbox are so terrible or simple that they're amazing. i love it

i also went to blockbuster with my friend looking for a game. we decided to grab some godzilla fighting game, even though we don't really like godzilla and i hated fighting games, and rented it. at first, it seemed completely retarded and a disappointing choice, but after a while, my friend and i had a BLAST playing it. we yelled and cheered as we played through the night without a single break. it was awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
supercybersock
Kwisatz Haderach

PostSubject: Re: Surprisingly fun games   Surprisingly fun games EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:49 am

a

Last edited by supercybersock on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
catfighterforce9

catfighterforce9

PostSubject: Re: Surprisingly fun games   Surprisingly fun games EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Oh, I Also forgot. Lego star wars, man. Seems childish and canny but it's an amazing game, you have no idea. The DS version is a bit of a let down but still good.
Back to top Go down
sage

sage

PostSubject: Re: Surprisingly fun games   Surprisingly fun games EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 4:40 pm

i played lego star wars like fifty times over Razz
i loved it
Back to top Go down
Rabees
Admin
Rabees

PostSubject: Re: Surprisingly fun games   Surprisingly fun games EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 4:59 pm

Sonic Adventure is a good example too. The voice acting and story are awful and it's chock full of glitches, but I can't stop playing it. :{D
Back to top Go down
HinumaruSu

PostSubject: Re: Surprisingly fun games   Surprisingly fun games EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:15 pm

I doubt I know a game like that. I CAN tell you that the first time I played the first of the skate series, I didn't understand or like it. I assure you that most other games, shooters, fighting, and so on, just bore me. The skate series, on the other hand, don't.
Back to top Go down
R12

R12

PostSubject: Re: Surprisingly fun games   Surprisingly fun games EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Mass Effect looked like another crappy space game about almost absolutely nothing, but when I played it, it was amazing. One of my favorite games of all time.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer

Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: Surprisingly fun games   Surprisingly fun games EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Unlimited saga, it's actualy quite fun, the cover is so plain tho'

Surprisingly fun games Ds_35865

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprisingly fun games   Surprisingly fun games Empty

Back to top Go down

Surprisingly fun games
Page 1 of 1